Welcome to a New School Year!
This is going to be a year set up with some exciting changes.
After two years of planning and construction, we're in our new building! It's a state-of-the-art campus with over 86,000 square feet of instructional areas to best meet the needs of our students. We've included some pretty cutting edge items including geothermal climate controls, an EcoGarden with wind turbines and a solar panel, lots of common space for teaching, two science labs, and LED lighting throughout the building. Come see us when you have a chance for an amazing tour.
All of this space has allowed us to bring our Bilingual program under one roof. We now have 2 classes in each grade from Kindergarten through Grade 5. It's wonderful to have all of these kids here and part of our Thornton family.
Keep checking our calendar for all the amazing activities that are coming up.
As always, here are a few things that will help us:
- The first bell rings at 7:30 AM and all students are in class by 7:35 AM. If you child comes into the building alone after this time, he or she is considered tardy and we will hold him or her at the front desk until you can come and sign in.
- Ms. Sherry and Ms. Lujan will need to know about any changes to transportation prior to 2:30 PM. Again, for the safety of your child, there will be no exceptions. This is in our student handbook.
- Keep looking in your child's take home folder on a daily basis. This is the quickest and most effective way that we communicate with you.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. This is the quickest way that y'all will get urgent information. See the links to the right? --->>>
- Please come and enjoy lunch with your child! Just remember that when the teacher comes to pick up his or her class, your child will need to join them.
We're having a great year! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help with your student's success.