Welcome to a New School Year!
This is going to be a year set up with some exciting changes.
First, your Board of Education approved the maximum costs that the architects can spend on rebuilding our school. That was the last hurdle before the earth movers could come to the field and start construction. We'll keep you posted with updates throughout the year. Click on the Facebook link to the right and "Like" our page for a quicker response. As always, I will be your advocate to ensure that your taxes are being used to the best benefit for all of our kids and community.
Next, I'm thrilled that bilingual Spanish kids and staff for Grades K and 1 will be joining us this year! In anticipation of Thornton becoming the south side bilingual campus next year with the grand opening, we've transitioned these two grade levels already from Jefferson Elementary.
Keep checking our calendar for all the amazing activities that are coming up.
As always, here are a few things that will help us:
- The first bell rings at 7:35 AM and all students are in class by 7:45 AM. If you child comes into the building alone after this time, he or she is considered tardy and we will hold him or her at the front desk until you can come and sign in.
- Ms. Sherry will need to know about any changes to transportation prior to 2:30 PM. Again, for the safety of your child, there will be no exceptions. This is in our student handbook.
- Keep looking in your child's take home folder on a daily basis. This is the quickest and most effective way that we communicate with you.
- Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. This is the quickest way that y'all will get urgent information. See the links to the right? --->>>
- Please come and enjoy lunch with your child! Just remember that when the teacher comes to pick up his or her class, your child will need to join them.
We're having a great year! Please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help with your student's success.