Welcome to the 2017-18 School Year!
We are enjoying having your child in our classes this year. Our philosophy is making learning enjoyable and fun while maintaining high expectations. Your child may access and utilize the online resources that include Reflex Math, Compass Learning, Headsprout and Raz Kids. All of these websites can be found by clicking on this link: http://thornton.tisd.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=356894&type=d&pREC_ID=771736
We value parent involvement and if you have any questions please contact your child's second grade teacher by calling 215-5700.
Please continue to help your child grow by working on the following skills:
- Spelling (Test every Friday)
- Reading 15-20 minutes each night
- Math homework
- Fact Fluency (Using Reflex Math - Addition and Subtraction facts to 18)
- All homework for all subjects is due on Friday.
- If your child will be riding the bus, check the Transportation Department webpage for more information.
- Click on the School Nutrition webpage to get more information if your child will be eating breakfast or lunch at school.
- Texas requires immunizations to be up to date for school attendance. For more information, see the Health Services webpage.
Below you will find some helpful resources including our weekly newsletter.